Nov 5, 2009

Disgusting Self-Indulgence of How I Made Such Massive Success (even though I'm not sure if I have yet)

What I Did...

Spent 2 years learning quality salesmanship skills.

Applied that training with the missing link: The MARKETING training from the 28-day business building blitz. Now having the knowledge required to be a master marketer and copywriter, I tore apart the best books written by insomnia experts and built my own system.

When it showed real potential and really started working, then I did the most important thing of all...

I started talking to my prospects 1-on-1, looking for what copy worked the best on them and what information they needed the most to make a good product.

I looked specifically for things I could use in the age-old AIDA formula of salesmanship: Attention, Interest, Desire, Action.

I had already tested headlines and starting copy that got their attention... but through talking to them one on one, I saw what got EVERYONE , what things insomniacs were most worried about and their reasons for really a cure, and then, talking to the first person who bought my book for an hour on the phone, I found out what was missing to get them to take .

After 2 months of talking to insomniacs 1-on-1 and testing my best items for AIDA, I took the system I had constructed to the next level and started making sales on the first few people that came by before I could even start up the advertising (on day 1, I officially had at least a 25% rate of tears [that's how moved the lady was, leading to the phone call mentioned above.])

Now it's time to start advertising...

No comments: